Friday 9 November 2007

how it began

Yesterday, I received a MacBook Pro. Today, I'm sitting on my sofa trying to make it work as I see fit. Upgrading to Leopard, installing crystallography software, recreating the most of what I got used and warmly attached to in three and a half years of XP and eight years of Redhat/Fedora. From what it looks like so far, progress is steady.

I haven't don't anything outrageous or stupid yet, and before, inevitably, doing so, I want to document my steps so I can later retrace them. Maybe the blog will also serve as a guiding light for other Mac neophytes

As the title indicates, I'm doubtful about the Mac experience. While the operating system might provide the best basis for doing serious science, the abundance of smug lemmings and their wisdom stuck up in holy traditions and their pathetic follow-the-leader attitude won't ever win my heart over.

No comments: